The Forum Process Technologies group designs specialty crude-water separation equipment, such as desalter/dehydrators and produced water treatment technologies, for use in upstream and downstream processes worldwide. We have a team of technicians and field service engineers for repair, installation, and supply of a broad range of replacement parts for our equipment and those of other manufacturers.
Click below to learn how Forum Process Technologies can fit your custom needs:
- Howe Baker Engineers, of Tyler, Texas, originally developed our proprietary electrostatic separation processes
in the late 1940’s
- 1950 through 1975, Howe Baker developed our Two‐Grid electrostatic separation systems and completed many successful installed desalter plants
- 1975 through 1995, Howe Baker improved the electrostatic design of our Two‐Grid systems with the advancement
of the Tri‐Grid process. After many fit for purpose installations utilizing the new Tri‐Grid process, in 1995,
Howe Baker once again added advances to our proprietary processes and developed the EDGETM
[Enhanced Deep‐Grid Electrical] system
- In 2000, Howe Baker Engineers was purchased as a whole by Chicago Bridge & Iron [CB&I]. The electrostatic separation group was a portion of that acquisition
- In 2005 CB&I (now McDermott) exited the electrostatic market when Cameron purchased the electrostatic separator product line of business entirely from CB&I. This transaction included all electrostatic processes previously developed by Howe Baker Engineers including the latest developments of the EDGETM desalter lines of products and equipment
- On January 19, 2010, Allied Technology closed on the transaction to purchase the entire Howe Baker electrostatic separator line including the EDGETM desalter lines of products and equipment from Cameron – precisely what Cameron had purchased from CB&I. This sale also included exclusive rights to Natco’s dual frequency technologies
- August 2, 2010, Forum Energy Technologies (FET) announced the merger of five separate companies, Forum Oilfield Technologies, Triton Group, Subsea Services International, Global Flow Technologies, and Allied Technology, to form Houston Based FET
Forum is now the original equipment manufacturer of Howe-Baker electrostatics equipment dating back to 1949. We are the only source for authentic design, supply, and support
for Howe-Baker electrostatic equipment.
- In 2011 Forum developed the EDGETM II II as a next generation, between the grid style, electrostatic separator
- In 2012 Forum delivers its EDGETM II technology to a major gulf coast refiner to better process opportunity crudes.
It continues to meet and exceed performance specification
- In 2015 Forum develops its EDGETM III technology as a next generation, incorporating Forum’s Howe Baker EDGETM and Forum’s EDGETM II designs into the same vessel
- In 2015 Forum develops its Kick Amp Responder- KARTM technology to optimize process voltage control
in desalter applications
- In 2018 Forum develops its ForuMIX, a mixing device that improves the efficiency of desalting applications,
and take multiphase mixing to the next level
- There are currently hundreds of units in operation worldwide with at least one half of those in refinery