Sonardyne Ranger USBL System
Ranger system is a high performance, survey grade Ultra-Short BaseLine (USBL) acoustic positioning system designed for Dynamic Positioning (DP) reference and ROV/towfish tracking operations.
Ranger is designed for DP reference and general target tracking of ROVs and towfish. Up to four targets can be tracked simultaneously to ranges of 2,000 metres. The system supports a wide range of industry standard telegrams and is compatible with a wide range of transponders including Kongsberg and Sonardyne’s Wideband Sub-Minis, DPTs and advanced Compatt 5.
Ranger-Pro is designed for more advanced survey applications. Incorporating Sonardyne’s unique ‘ping stacking’ technology, the system offers fast position update rates (one second independent of water depth), tracking of up to10 targets and full ocean depth operating range (4,000 metres). Ranger-Pro also supports many more Sonardyne and non-Sonardyne medium frequency transponders.
- Ability to undertake Inverted USBL (iUSBL) tracking of towfish over long laybacks
- Accuracy and repeatability of the acoustics is improved as the transceiver is located in a low noise, dynamically stable environment
- For advanced tracking of up to 10 targets with the maximum position update rate
- Sonardyne Ranger USBL System
- Sonardyne Ranger Pro USBL System