Sonardyne Wideband Sub-Mini Transponder/Responder (WSM)
Sonardyne’s family of Wideband Sub-Minis (WSM) are a versatile range of USBL transponder/ responders designed for positioning ROVs, towfish and other mobile targets in water depths up to 3,000 metres.
Compact and rugged, WSMs incorporate the latest Sonardyne Wideband® signal technology which offers superior ranging accuracy, operation in a mulit-user, multi-vessel environment and fast USBL position updates.
- Choice of 1,000 Metre or 3,000 Metre depth rating
- Choice of Omni-Directional or Directional beamshape with class leading acoustic power output
- Channel selection via serial data port by PC
- Transponder or Responder operating modes
- Depth sensor for improved USBL positioning performance
- Long-life NiMH battery
- Compact and rugged design
- Windows based software for test and setup
- External On/Off switch for ease of use and storage
- Sonardyne 8070 WSM Directional Transponder
- Sonardyne 8071 WSM Omni Transponder