Sonardyne Navigation Control Unit NCU
The Type 8020 Navigation Controller Unit (NCU) forms part of a Data Fusion Engine, a ‘one-box’ solution designed to meet the complete on-board requirements of any acoustic operation.
The NCU is the interface between the in-water acoustic instruments, sensors and the Navigation Computer which runs the acoustics positioning software. In addition to accurately time stamping incoming data from external devices such as GPS, the NCU also provides power and communications for ship-borne acoustic transceivers.
- Interfaces all sensors and acoustic transceivers
- Accurate time stamping for next generation tracking methods
- Houses sensor specific interfaces
- Provides power and communications to acoustic transceivers
- Configurable for dual and triple redundancy