Sonardyne Compatt 5 Wideband Deck Test Unit
The Type 8063 Deck Test Unit is a fully portable, splash proof transponder test unit, designed for the harsh environment of the back deck.
The DTU is capable of transmitting and receiving both Sonardyne
Wideband™ and Tone acoustic signals in order to test all MF Compatt 5’s, DPT’s and WSM’s functionality.
It is the primary test equipment platform for Sonardyne and other acoustic instruments, both on deck and in the workshop.
- Test transponders acoustically including Wideband ranging and commands
- Responder test capability
- Portable, rugged and splash-proof
- Continuous battery life of 8 hours with Lithium-Ion battery
- Universal mains-powered charger
- Display suitable for bright sunlight and low light conditions
- Electronic manuals available via USB connection to PC
- New auto-test features with test records stored to file
- Wideband telemetry link allows sensors to be read and other basic functions via acoustic link
- Firmware upgrades to test other instruments