Tritech Super SeaKing DST Sonar Head
The Super SeaKing DST shares many of the features of the earlier SeaKing, which has been chosen as the standard obstacle avoidance sonar in many of the professional ROV fleets around the world.
The Super SeaKing DST is not one but two mechanically scanned imaging sonars in a single pressure housing: a 300 kHz CHIRP sonar with a true operational range of up to 300 metres for long range target acquisition, and a 670 kHz CHIRP sonar for ultra-high definition images.
Other frequency options are available on request.
- Digital CHIRP system
- Composite material technology used in new transducer design, providing:
- Greater range capability
- Greatly improved resolution and side lobe suppression
- Direct interface compatibility with existing transducers (can be retro-fitted)
- Modular transducer construction – elements replaceable
- New longer lasting slip ring assembly
- Option of RS232 communications for single head applications