Sonardyne ORT Acoustic Release Transponder
Oceanographic Release Transponders (ORTs) and Deep Oceanographic Release Transponders (DORTs) are tough, reliable acoustic releases designed for deployment in either 2,000 metres or 6,000 metres of water.
The units are commonly used to moor oceanographic instrument strings on the seabed for periods of up to 36 months. However, their compact size allows them to be easily incorporated into subsea instrument frames or installed on towfish and AUVs to enable ballast to be dropped in an emergency.
- Standard Safe Working Load of 1,275kg (Options for heavier loads)
- Up to 25 tonnes SWL with optional heavy duty release frame
- 2,000 Metre or 6,000 Metre depth rated options
- Highly reliable release mechanism
- Up to 2 years deployment
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Compact and rugged design