Sonardyne Lightweight Release Transponder (LRT) Command Unit with Dunking Transducer
Part of Sonardyne’s Coastal Acoustic Product Range, the Type 7967 OBC/LRT Deck Unit is used to command and programme Sonardyne’s range of TZ/OBC transponders and Lightweight Release Transponders (LRTs). It comprises of a deck unit and dunking transducer supplied with 10 metres of cable.
The deck unit is used initially to program the acoustic identity of the transponder, test the transponder and, in the case of the LRT, load the release ‘bit’ prior to deployment. Once deployed, it can be used to measure ranges to the transponder and prior to sending a secure release command, relocate the transponder. The deck unit can also be controlled via RS232 enabling raw range data to be logged to a PC for processing.
- Supplied in rugged, portable case
- For use with Type 7815 TZ/OBC Transponders and Type 7986 Lightweight Release Transponders
- Enables transponders to be tested and programmed with thousands of unique identities prior to deployment
- Highly secure coding sequence prior to commanding LRTs to 'release'
- Powered by alkaline battery packs; supplied with 2 spare packs
- Easy to operate