Sonardyne 7986 Lightweight Release Transponder (LRT)
Part of Sonardyne’s Coastal Acoustics product range, the Type 7986 Lightweight Release Transponder (LRT) has been developed from transponders capable of accurately positioning hundreds of seismic receiver nodes. It has both receive and transmit functions, unlike similar low-cost release transponders, enabling accurate slant ranges to be measured, release actuation to be confirmed and its position to be accurately determined.
The LRT is depth rated to 500 metres making it the ideal choice for use in continental shelf waters. Field replaceable alkaline or long-life lithium battery packs give a listening life of 18 months and 34 months respectively. A ‘screw-off’ release mechanism ensures a positive release action that overcomes any biological growth and all external parts are made of high strength plastics that provide excellent environmental corrosion resistance.
- Safe Working Load of 125kg
- Depth rated to 500 metres
- Up to 34 months deployment with long-life lithium battery pack
- Hundreds of secure identities; field programmable with deck unit
- Reliable, 'screw-off' release
- Rugged, compact design
- Compatible with Scout USBL, ROVHomer, Homer-Pro and Prospector positioning/relocation systems