Brushless DC Electric Thrusters
Sub-Atlantic’s new direct drive range of brushless DC thrusters break new ground in thrust, low weight and enhanced reliability. They are currently available in three sizes, each incorporating Sub-Atlantic’s unique StatorshieldTM technology.
- High Reliability, Rugged Design
- Unique StatorshieldTM Technology
- Continued Operation in the
- Event of Shaft Seal Failure
- Forward / Reverse Thrust within 5-10% Band
- Three Sizes Available
- Direct Drive Reliability (no gearbox)
- Lightweight Design
- Integral Drive Electronics
- Various Connector Options
- Various Voltage Options
Sub-Atlantics unique Statorshield™ system allows the thruster to continue running in the event of a shaft seal failure and subsequent flooding, without damage to the winding or electronic components. Integral electronic drives are oil filled and pressure compensated to 3000 metres / 10,000 feet. Three sizes are available with propeller diameters up to 246mm / 9.7” and bollard thrusts up to 100 kgf / 220 lbf.