Mechanical Rotary Torque System
Delivers reliable torque measurements for rigs that use chain-driven rotary tables
Available in box-mount or panel-mount configurations, the Forum Hydraulic Rotary Torque System provides accurate indications of changes in torque for rigs that use chain-driven rotary tables.
Each system includes an Idler assembly and a Gauge.
- 6-inch fluid-filled Gauge
- Available in 500 and 1,000 points
- Gauge has operator-adjustable dial to zero out drill string
in order to monitor torque at the bit
- Standard 35-foot hose, with other hose lengths available
- Rugged Steel Sprocket available (replaces rubber wheel located in Idler assembly)
- Gauge damper minimizes pointer oscillations caused by drilling and drill string vibration, ensuring accurate readings and increasing the life-span of the gauge.
- Helps driller know when to change drill bits by indicating hole conditions and torque patterns.
- Increases safety and optimizes drilling efficiency by providing warnings about possible twist-offs, locked cones on the bit, out-of-gauge holes, and formation changes.
- Connects easily to Forum drilling recorders to track and record trends.
To order specify
- Bracket-mount or panel-mount gauge
- Gauge capacity
- Chain size
- Chain width (single or double)
- Hose length (35 feet is standard)