Electromechanical Cable (with cable selector)
Forum’s Quality Wireline and Cable products are constructed with to the highest standards using the latest manufacturing and quality control equipment. Electromechanical and swab lines are offered in a variety of sizes and material grades.
- All electrical conductors are water blocked using a controlled process which allows the blocking agent to adhere in the exact amount. When properly performed this prevents gas migration through the copper.
- 95% – 100% concentricity maintained on all extruded conductor.
- Innovative closed loop control system constantly monitors the diameter, ovalityand concentricity and automatically adjust the extrusion process to maintain optimum conductor quality. This digital record is archived with the quality control documents.
- Repair to the electrical conductor insulation are not allowed if the copper conductor is exposed.
- Electrical conductor resistance and insulation is corrected to 20° C/ 68° F.
- Electrical resistance and capacitance values in our catalogues are nominal.
- Several armor types can be selected depending on the application and well conditions. Our standard cables are armored with galvanized improved plow steel (GIPS) wire, high strength cables are armored with extra galvanized improved plow steel (XGIPS). There is a direct relationship between the tensile strength of the wire and the breaking strength of the cable. Breaking strength values are specified on individual cable specification sheets.
- Cables for corrosive environment are armored with special materials including MP-35N, Nickel Stainless (Alloy 75) and Enhanced Nickel Stainless (Alloy 77).
- All armor wires are preformed during the manufacturing process. Average pre-form value 77% +/- 2.5%.
- Unique to Quality Wireline is our custom designed “infinite lay” armouring process which allows us to optimize armor coverage ensuring the highest quality cable.
- Our leading edge high speed Rewinder coupled with our rigorous quality control on wire supply eliminates the vast majority of potential quality problems related to wire.
- Butt welds are NOT allowed in the final drawing process.
- Butt welds are NOT allowed in the outer armouring process
- Special armor locking blocking material is applied between armor layers
- The cable armor is coated with a protective corrosion inhibitor, primarily to prevent damage while shipping or stored prior to being run in a well.
- Cable breaking strength is tested and guaranteed, with no cable end rotation allowed.
- Cable breaking strength with free cable end rotation is a calculated value.
- Cable working load on standard cables has been extended to 60% of rated cable breaking strength.
- Temperature rating of the cable is based on a ‘normal tension and temperature profile’ in a perfectly vertical well. ‘Normal tension and temperature profile’ refers to situations in which cable tension decreases with depth and temperature increases with depth to a maximum temperature at the bottom of the borehole.
- All cable diameters and wire diameter shown in the catalogue are nominal.
|Category||Nominal Diameter||Max Temp F.||Service||Cable Type|