Double Drill (non-API)
Double Drill Wellhead Adapter Flange (Non API): (Produced upon request only)
- The same principle is applied here as it is for a typical Wellhead Adapter Flange, accept these units incorporate "Double Drill" flange connections.
- "Double Drill" refers to two bolt patterns incorporated into one adapter flange.
- A 2-1/16" 10,000 psi. BX-152 and a 2-1/16" 15,000 psi. BX-152 utilize the same pressure energized seal ring, but require different bolt patterns and stud bolt sizes. Both bolt patterns and sizes can be designed into the same flange.
- Upon producing a Wellhead adapter flange in this manner the resulting pressure rating is determined by the lowest pressure rating of the two connections involved). In this example, the maximum working pressure rating would be 10,000 psi.
- This method is NOT API approved and should be taken into account when ordering this type of Wellhead Adapter Flange.