TNT Storm Valve
The Forum TNT Storm Valve is normally run above a compression set packer similar to a TNT or HD Packer. The TNT Storm Valve provides a means of disconnection the drill pipe or tubing close to the surface without tripping the entire string. It is useful in situations where the rig must be abandoned quickly. The TNT Storm Valve remains closed, providing a secure seal until the drill pipe or tubing is re-connected. The valve features an expendable plug providing through-bore access for circulation or wireline passage.
Features and Benefits
- Valve closes automatically when disconnecting the running string.
- Expendable plug for through-bore access.
- Rugged alloy-steel construction.
- Compatible with compression packer operation.
- Tool joint connections.
- Valve equalizes automatically when re-connecting running string.