AS-5 Anchor Packer
The T628 AS-5 Anchor Packer is the upper packer in a zone isolation completion. The packer was designed to run above the AS-6 Compression Packer. The AS-5 Packer sets by applying weight closing the bypass seal and energizing the packing elements. Once set the AS-5 can be locked in place allowing the tubing string to be removed using the T-2 On/Off Tool. The AS-5 sets and releases with one quarter turn right hand rotation at the packer.
Features and Benefits
- Allows tubing disconnect in straddle completions
- Sequential release slip system
- Large bypass area
- Equalizing bypass system opens before upper slips are released
- Premium thread connection available upon request.
- Packing element combo available up to 450°F, see Elastomer Guide.