PRODUCT QUICK FIND
Quad Blowout Preventer - PxxxQB00
The quad BOP has a four ram configuration to provide positive protection against blowouts and to secure the well in emergencies. This permits work to be carried out, under pressure, on surface equipment while the tubing is still in the wellbore.
The BOP closure design consists of a hydraulic actuator assembly connected to each of the two ram assemblies. This allows the rams to be hydraulically compressed around the tubing from opposite sides which creates a seal thus containing well pressure below the rams. Pressure across the rams is equalized, through a flanged equalizing assembly located between each ram assembly. This takes place prior to hydraulic retraction of the rams.
An innovative attribute is the "internal plumbing" feature. Single point open and close ports permit operation of both hydraulic actuators for each set of rams. The requirement of harness hoses becomes redundant, thereby effectively reducing the number of hoses and connections.
BOPs are available in nominal sizes from 3 1/16" to 7 1/16", with working pressure ratings from 5000 PSI to 15000 PSI. The BOPs are useable in both standard and sour environments.
Standard ram assembly configurations are
- Blind seal rams - top set of rams that serve to seal-off well pressure when no tubing is present
- Shear rams - second set of rams that serve to shear the tubing
- Slip rams - third set of rams that serve to hold the tubing in place while shearing or for other applications
- Pipe seal rams - bottom set of rams that serve to seal around the tubing, thus isolating the wellbore pressure below the rams
- Available with a ported type connection which can be used for downhole injection
- Available with a variety of hand unions, flanged or client specified connections.
- Optional ram configurations
- Operated with any hydraulic source capable of providing 3000 psi. hydraulic pressure
- Manual lock holds rams mechanically locked in closed position
Manual override available in case of hydraulic failure