PRODUCT QUICK FIND
Dual Combi Blowout Preventer - PxxxDCBxx
The Dual Combi BOP has a two ram configuration to provide positive protection against blowouts and to secure the well in emergencies. This permits work to be carried out, under pressure, on surface equipment while the tubing is still in the wellbore. By utilizing combination rams, this BOP can do all the functions of a quad BOP, with half the rams, which translates to shorter stack height and less weight than a quad BOP.
The BOP closure design consists of a hydraulic actuator assembly connected to each of the two ram assemblies. This allows the rams to be hydraulically compressed around the tubing from opposite sides which creates a seal, thus containing well pressure below the rams. Pressure across the rams is equalized, through a flanged equalizing assembly located between each ram assembly. This takes place prior to hydraulic retraction of the rams.
An innovative attribute is the "hard plumbing" feature. Single point open and close ports permit operation of both hydraulic actuators for each set of rams. The requirement of harness hoses becomes redundant, thereby effectively reducing the number of hoses and connections.
BOPs are available in nominal sizes from 3 1/16" to 7 1/16", with working pressure ratings from 5000 PSI to 15000 PSI. The BOPs are useable in both standard and sour environments.
Standard Ram configurations
- Shear/Seal rams - Upper set of rams that can shear tubing up to 2 3/8” O.D., and seal-off the well pressure.
- Slip/Seal rams - Lower set of rams that serve to hold the tubing in place while shearing or for other applications and seal around the tubing,thus isolating the wellbore pressure below the rams
- Available with a ported type connection which can be used for downhole injection
- Available with a variety of hand unions, flanged or client specified connections.
- Optional ram configurations
- Operated with any hydraulic source capable of providing 3000 psi. hydraulic pressure
- Manual lock holds rams mechanically locked in closed position