Date Posted: Jul 7 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Houston, TX - Guhn Rd
Business Line: Valve Solutions
Summary: Plans, directs, controls, coordinates and evaluates all warehouse operations including but not limited to receiving, storage, shipping and inventory control. Ensure that operations are performed in a manner that provides maximum efficiency and profitability for Forum. Ensure a safe working environment by controlling, training and implementing company procedures. Maintain inventory accuracy.
- Oversees the shipping and receiving of goods and products, ensuring goods received are compliant with the organization's standards and shipped in accordance to customer requirements.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing efficient design layouts, inspecting equipment and properly storing goods to prevent damage.
- Schedule materials to be moved to and from warehouse.
- Coordinate inventory transfers with related departments and keep floor space organized and clean.
- Monitor and control inventory level accuracy thru cycle count, periodic audits and proper use of inventory procedures.
- Respond to and find solutions to inventory issues and initiate corrective actions in timely manner.
- Create/Update internal warehouse procedures to comply with industry standards and /or company Quality System.
- Supervise proper resource allocation and ensure the efficiency of all warehouse personnel.
- Support and enforce Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure warehouse personnel are properly trained according to Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure work area is safe, ensure all safety rules and regulations and promote proactive approach to safety.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership techniques.
- MS Excel and Word proficient.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College Preferred.
- 5+ years experience in receiving, shipping, storing, issuing and accounting for property in a mid-size warehouse.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse.
- Experience with ERP/MRP, physical inventory, cycle count, ISO 9000systems and project management.