Operations Support Assistant
Date Posted: Jul 23 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK
Forum Energy Technologies require an Operations Support Assistant to provide support to the Office Manager and the Operations Team. Daily tasks will include processing of CV’s and certificates, database maintenance and day to day adhoc administrative tasks.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls.
- Input, create and update new and existing CV’s for candidates, ensure correct spelling, format and course expiry dates.
- Update certificates and appraisals for candidates on the database.
- Monitor candidate certification including Medical/Survival certificates and Employment Status documents, and set-up protocols to advise regular candidates of impending expiry.
- Prepare and send Job Requirement notifications to candidates at Co-ordinator request.
- Organise Client paper filing and archive files when necessary.
- Process Visa Applications for international requirements.
- Prepare and send On-Call notification.
- Organise outgoing mail.
- Process Seaman’s Book/Card applications.
- Develop and maintain a filing structure and a computer directory structure.
- Ensure all personal and confidential information on paper is disposed of regularly by shredding where appropriate.
- Perform any other secretarial tasks not specified here as instructed by the Office Manager.
- Arrange and perform cover for holiday, absence and lunch relief for Administration department.
- Receive and transfer telephone calls efficiently.
- Maintain confidential data records.
- Ensure smooth running of the office and provide support as required.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Good administration and interpersonal skills.
- Previous reception/secretarial experience.
- Knowledge of recruitment industry.
- IT and MS Office experience (intermediate level).
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, working to deadlines whilst providing a consistent and professional service.
- IT literate.
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexible and self-motivated with attention to detail.