Product Design Engineering Manager - Drilling
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Houston, TX - Fallbrook Office
Business Line: Drilling
Provide leadership to a team of engineers to execute custom designs to meet customer requirements. This position will support our Consumables Product Line.
- Responsible for pump, vales and all auxiliary designs for our Consumables product line to meet customer expectations, oversight/development of talent, maintenance/compliance of the local design/product standards and ensuring compliance to industry regulations.
- Develops and allocates resources to obtain goals set by executive management.
- Direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects.
- Manage and mentor a staff of employees to meet or exceed goals in developing technology supporting existing products and producing technical documentation.
- Provide employee development by setting goals and objectives.
- Develop processes and procedures to improve group efficiency.
- Manages offshore engineering as required to improve group productivity.
- Manages a budget and monitors actual expenses.
- Provides assistance and support to geoscience, manufacturing, sales, customer service and field personnel with technical issues as required.
- Develops and presents plans, project status updates to management as required.
- Works independently under minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert in the area of pump and valve design, instrumentation and actuation
- Advanced technical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal skills.
- Strong ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and customer focused with a drive for results.
- Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 10% of working time.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ industry experience in managing a product design organization
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, PLM systems and ERP systems and API and ASME codes
- Knowledge in engineering analysis, methods and tools (i.e. FEA, Ansys, MathCad, Solidworks)
- Knowledge in Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus