Part Number Administrator
Date Posted: Jul 9 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Production Equipment
Manages and creates part numbers and Bills of Materials (BOMs) in the ERP system. Maintain accuracy and integrity of data with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Quality, Planning, Procurement, and Production Control to handle changes in Part Descriptions and Bills of Materials (BOMs) introduced via Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for both existing and new products. Review data in ERP on a continual basis to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Manages and creates part numbers in the ERP system
- Manages data attributes within the ERP system
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of BOMs in ERP system throughout the product lifecycle and develop a process to minimize data duplication
- Manages CAD to ERP data transfer and Bills of Material’s (BOMs) within the ERP system: Owns the process and responsible for the accuracy of data transfer from CAD software into the ERP system including items, revisions, BOMs, and component effectivity dates
- Responsible for ensuring items / BOMs are available across various companies in ERP system.
- Works with stakeholders in Engineering, ECO Administration, Quality, Purchasing, and Planning to develop, maintain, and refine process around phase-in / use-up changes for ECO notifications.
- Manage requests for BOM changes from ERP users for quantities and effective dates to facilitate phase out of obsolete and end of life items via automated / manual / scheduled processes
- Uses Desktop Integration tools to mass load data from spreadsheets to ERP system.
- Understanding of database structure and SQL required.
- Knowledge of pipeline products a plus
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, etc) with the ability to create and maintain metrics.
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, production, and supply chain personnel.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to think through a problem logically.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in database management, ECO processing, supply chain, and production environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in ERP software applications.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment