Date Posted: Sep 29 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Lybster, Caithness, UK
Forum Drilling Technologies require a Fabrication Chargehand to carry out duties in the fabrication workshop. This position is based in Lybster, Caithness.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out fabrication/welding duties as directed by the Workshop Manager.
- Carry out the duties of the Lead Chargehand during absences.
- Ensure personal bays are kept to a high standard including the serviceability of equipment situated therein.
- Carry out pre-use maintenance and user checks, reporting faults to the Workshop Manager.
- Ensure shared fabrication equipment (e.g. large drills) are used and maintained correctly.
- Ensure that the Quality and Health and Safety Management Systems are followed and any problems, perceived or real are reported.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Workshop Manager or production line management.
- On-time delivery.
- Quality of product.
- Personal bay and overall workshop cleanliness.
- Production of quality product within acceptable time scale.
- Quality assurance - All Forum staff are responsible for the completeness of their work and reporting any quality, or perceived quality problems through their line manager or direct to the QHSE Manager.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant education (HNC/HND) and/or work experience is essential.
- Proven operating experience in fabrication or in the case of a trainee the appropriate aptitude is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player.
- Strong understanding of deadlines.
- Punctual and have good timekeeping.
- Full knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines is essential.
- Relevant competency standards achieved is essential.