Electronic Workshop Engineer x 2
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK
Forum Subsea Technologies require 2 Electronic Workshop Engineers to work in the workshop. This position is based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Workshop Manager.
- Train and mentor new employees and Trainee Workshop Engineers.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety, ensuring adherence to Company HSE policies at all times.
- Follow Company procedures relating to the testing, maintenance and calibration of Company rental equipment ensuring all work is carried out to the highest standards.
- Calibrate and maintain test equipment, ensuring all test equipment is in satisfactory working order at all times.
- Update maintenance and calibration schedules for rental and test equipment.
- Update the status of rental assets and job reports on Company asset tracking system.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in all areas of the workshop.
- Work closely with vendors, ensuring timely arrival of spare parts order/workshop stock.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels to ensure satisfactory information transfer.
- Undertake manufacturer training courses as and when required.
- Work offsite to undertake mobilisations on vessels in port around UK as and when required.
- Assist all staff members in the workshop to complete customer orders in a timely and efficient manner.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- HND/Degree in Electronics/Engineering or equivalent is desirable.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player.
- Customer focus.
- Understanding of deadline achievements is essential.