Warehouse - General Lead
Date Posted: Jul 22 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Houston, TX - Guhn Rd
Business Line: Drilling
- Ensure consistent quality processing, validating all priority, expedited, and rig down shipments from order release to customer satisfactory receipt of goods. Developing and enforcing good automated material processing and provide metric reporting that validating processes, providing documentation to Management team. Provide a rapid response and solution for a nonconformance issue that occur during day-to-day operations at the Houston MDC.
- Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of Forum materials management teams.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job the MDC operation and customer satisfaction.
- Leads the Rapid Response team
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Possess basic written communication skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Basic PC skills.
- The work environment is very fast paced and noisy. It is one of constant movement while performing the duties of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to operate a forklift while loading or unloading freight.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 8+ year of related experience.