Production Planning and Materials Manager
Date Posted: Sep 19 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Subsea
Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of planning, purchasing, and inventory control functions. Ensures achievement of goals related to on-time delivery (OTD), material cost control, and inventory control practices. Works with sales and production to derive achievable supply and production plans. Actively monitor demand plus review availability and flow of materials through planning, inventory and production to identify and resolve supply and production bottlenecks. Develop, track, review and report on planning, purchasing, and inventory control related metrics which reflect performance at the individual, department, and company level. Engage his team to leverage Lean and Six Sigma tools to identify root cause, develop and execute plans to achieve target goals through continuous improvement.
- Receives all new orders, schedules, and follows them through the necessary departments for the purpose of providing the plant with material and operating instructions necessary for production.
- Determines the projected shipping dates for the items to be manufactured. Produces the necessary production paperwork which will be used by the plant for instructions and record keeping.
- Produces the necessary schedules and reports that will advise departments what they are required to manufacture and also to inform them and others of any delinquencies as well as their on-time performance.
- Furnishes delivery dates, as required, and expedites production as necessary.
- Maintains high level of on-time completion/delivery dates to establish a reputation of trust and dependability with customers. Also, provides the sales department with status information on jobs for their customers.
- Ensures that all material handled and processed is carefully and accurately down and that invoices, receiving reports, shipping files, and other records are properly maintained.
- Track purchasing activity and measurements.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Is responsible for supervising the training of his/her subordinates to assure that they meet all requirements for their jobs and that they are encouraged to improve their abilities and their performances.
- Performs regular performance appraisals for his/her employees and recommends appropriate rate and job changes for those whose reviews or regular appraisals would indicate changes are required.
- Actively supports all management policies, programs and procedures.
- Maintains departmental equipment in good condition and observes good housekeeping in all his/her areas of responsibility at all times.
- Takes suggestions to the management on matters pertaining to the improvement of the operations in his/her department and reports any significant current of anticipated deviation from the required schedules, budgets or other requirements.
- Manage inventory risk when reviewing planning parameters. Establish checks and balances to ensure correct rationale was used. Monitor results and reports on a quarterly basis
- Reviews critical material shortages Plant Manager and communicate the relative importance of the issue
- Performs other related duties as indicated by position or as assigned by the plant manager.
- Production Control, Inventory, and Purchasing fundamentals.
- Highly Productive/Dependable.
- Detail Oriented.
- Hands on capabilities with MRP system.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel/Microsoft Word and Access.
- BS or BA degree in related field.
- APICS Certification.
- MRP, JIT, MPS Concepts.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in production planning & procurement.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role.