Operations Manager I
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Business Line: Flow Equipment
Manages the operations of a district or product/service line. Reporting and administrative function to Manager and various team members. Identification of potential opportunities in product development. Assisting customers with their needs and requirements. Assisting in development of best practices of products and services. Monitor and evaluate competitor activities. Establish and maintain strong customer relationships. Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasting. Responsibilities may include employee management and development, inventory management, sales, engineering, maintenance, operations, service, HSE, quality training, planning and budget management. Aligning the company with goals with the changing market. Job levels are determined by geography, revenue, job proficiency or experience, product/service system complexity or some combination of these factors. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Develop, direct, and manage operations forecast, budgeting and planning processes.
- P&L oversight for monthly and quarterly managerial reporting, project financial estimates, forecasts, operations financial performance, and operational goals.
- Direct project managers to ensure successful attainment of all project metrics.
- Leverage Supply Chain performance.
- Lead process improvement initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Actively contribute to organizational planning and strategy development.
- Liaison with Corporate legal counsel on relevant matters.
- Comprehensive understanding of product line(s)/service(s) in an operational area.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and market conditions.
- Basic knowledge of company's business practices including strategic planning, budgeting and staffing.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in field and operations.