Production Manager (US1402003)
Date Posted: Nov 17 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Production Equipment
Responsible for managing the activities within a production area to meet production, cost, quality and safety goals. Plans, organizes and implements manufacturing procedures in accordance with managed quarterly and annual budgets. May make budgetary recommendations and coordinate procurement for capital expenditures. Selects hires and trains personnel. Responsible for the planning, coordination and direction of all production operations to ensure maximum throughout and quality. Participates in annual budgets. Manage existing equipment as well as upgrades and new designs to maximize return on assets. Demonstrate al equipment and material qualifications. Ensures Safety policies/procedures are being complied with. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Provide leadership and implement strategy for operational management and development plan to establish effective and relevant export/import activities and support in relation to the organization’s sales, purchasing, materials management, and production and overall operating functions.
- Departmental staff recruitment, development, training, and procedure processing to assure all ISO requirements are met and maintained.
- Communicate and provide information internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operation and effective service to Forum divisions. Analyze and interpret data and produce relevant reports/presentations to assure all corporate goals are being achieved. Interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to company policies and procedures. Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making.
- Approve decisions, requests, expenditures and on behalf of senior people in their absence, according to corporate guidelines and policies. Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment, policies, guidelines for which the role has responsibility. Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities. Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets. Ensure a culture free from safety and environmental hazards.
- Direct and coordinate the daily operation of production departments and personnel.
- Help establish strategic direction while maintaining focus on daily requirements for manufacturing.
- Work closely with engineering, maintenance, and outside vendors related to implementation of capital projects.
- Create and maintain a flexible workforce where mutual respect and cooperation is maintained.
- Create and establish a culture of continuous improvement where World Class Manufacturing tools are utilized to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Responsible for leading the people development with a clear focus on elimination of human error losses and developing the plant employees.
- Evaluate daily production reports regarding man-hours, machine hours, output, quality and material usage as compared to standards, and review non-compliance areas with reports to determine causes of variances from standard and develop solutions to resolve.
- Ability to validate production data integrity and provide vision for future reports, data and IT systems.
- Significant problem solving situations involve changes in products, processes, equipment, shipping schedules and personnel in a manner which will maintain or improve production efficiency, product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assure good housekeeping practices, plant rules and safety regulations, coach employees, apply the plant operating principles.
- Establish and maintain positive/team relations with employees, other department, vendors and customers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, theories and practices of area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a production environment.
- 4+ years of management experience.