Engineering Manager - CAD (US1410008)
Date Posted: Oct 28 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Corpus Christi, TX
Business Line: Flow Equipment
Develops and allocates resources to obtain goals set by executive management. Directs and manages multiple concurrent engineering support projects. Manages and mentors a staff of employees to meet or exceed goals in developing and implementing product life cycle and engineering processes, managing hardware and software needs for the division in accordance with Forum IT policy, and producing technical documentation. Manages a budget and monitors actual expenses. Provides support and training to all relevant departments involved in PLM as required. Develops plans and presents project status updates to management as required.
- Responsible for creating and managing the engineering processes and secure electronic vault for critical documents, including the IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for creating and managing the product lifecycle process for the Flow Equipment division.
- Leads a technical support staff, successfully executing engineering support tasks precisely, on time, and to budget.
- Manages, trains, and mentors the team, resolving any performance issues.
- Ensures output meets internal customer needs and is optimized for organizational efficiency.
- Establishes implementation/integration schedules and follows up performance against estimates.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects
- Technical proficiency in design engineering for an OEM.
- Strong IT ability with emphasis on PDM/PLM administrative functions
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, motivational, leadership, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate well with internal customers in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering, Geosciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience.
- Minimum of 2 years managing PDM/PLM systems