Date Posted: Jul 30 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:San Antonio, TX
Business Line: Valve Solutions
Under general supervision, assists in the design and development of equipment required to meet customer's needs or market demands. Utilize current manufacturing/business systems for cost, inventory and purchasing information. Prepare engineering documentation for drawings, schematic drawings, material specification or other required data. Assist or conduct problem studies leading to recommendations for upgrading/improving existing equipment in field or lab environment. Under general supervision, perform product testing functions in a test lab facility and/or field location. Some travel may be required. Completes projects as assigned.
- Incumbent receives assignments of limited scope and complexity.
- Uses a variety of standard problem solving techniques.
- May assist more senior engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring computation methods.
- Duties are assigned with detailed oral and occasionally written instructions.
- Work is reviewed in detail with guidance given.
- May give limited technical guidance to junior professionals or technicians working on a common project.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development.
- Must be able to understand all phases of field operations and equipment with particular attention to department or work group’s field of expertise.
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel.
- Intermediate level of experience with Solid Works or similar engineering design software required.
- BS in Technical discipline.
- 3-6 years of experience in design, product development.