Quality System Coordinator
Date Posted: Jul 11 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Drilling
Facilitate the implementation and maintenance of the quality system. Review, report, and advise on project quality requirements. Review contractor quality programs for pre-qualifications. Conduct receiving inspections. Liaise with client inspectors, and schedule inspections. Conduct work in progress inspections and final inspections. Prepare, track and report on non-conformances. Liaise with engineering, and other departments on quality aspects of regulatory and standards requirements for fabrication, construction and installation. Report on quality system performance. Works independently under minimal supervision. Other duties as assigned.
- Manage, develop, implement, and maintain all aspects of the Quality Management System in accordance with industry standards (ISO 9001 and API Specification Q1)
- Oversee the internal audit program, including coordination of training of internal auditors, preparing checklist/auditor guides, lead auditor, scheduling, and reporting
- Main contact person for industry certification audits (API, ISO, customer)
- Data analysis and reporting of nonconformities (statistical and financial)
- Coordinate FPR investigations
- Use corrective/preventive actions to support continual improvement of product and processes
- Develop, implement and maintain product quality plans in accordance with industry and company requirements
- Works injury free in compliance with the company’s HSE program
- Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Facilitate the implementation and maintenance of the quality system.
- Review, report, and advise on project quality requirements.
- Review contractor quality programs for pre-qualifications.
- Conduct receiving inspections.
- Liaise with client inspectors, and schedule inspections. Conduct work in progress inspections and final inspections.
- Liaise with engineering, and other departments on quality aspects of regulatory and standards requirements for fabrication, construction and installation.
- Report on quality system performance.
- Works independently under minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001, API Q1, ASME Sec VIII Div 1, ASME Section IX, ASTM, ASNT, and other applicable manufacturing quality standards and regulations.
- Must have experience in maintaining or authoring QMS procedures and policies.
- Intermediate knowledge with computer software to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Proven leadership demonstration to effectively orchestrate human resources and training functions.
- Strong conflict management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate, direct and maintain highly confidential work and materials.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills in order to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must have freedom and willingness to work extended hours and on-call to support production and customer requirements 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication and division as it pertains to the job.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 10% of working time.
- Bachelor or Engineer Degree or equivalent with experience.
- 5+ industry experience.
- Quality Management experience.
- Knowledge in welding, machining, metallurgy, nondestructive testing and inspection methods a plus
- Knowledge in Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP Systems a plus
To apply for this position please email AOT.HR@f-e-t.com
Type “Quality System Coordinator” in the Subject line of the email