Director, Quality Assurance
Date Posted: Dec 6 2013
Duration: Until Filled
Summary: This position is responsible for the system and implication of the Quality Management System to meet the needs of the business and conform to all applicable regulatory standards and requirements. This position requires excellent communication and leadership skills with demonstrated acumen and the ability to deliver planes results. Must possess comprehensive knowledge of quality principles, practices, procedures and continual improvement techniques.
- Provide leadership for the company’s vision for quality and customer service
- Drive the development and successful implementation of the company’s quality Management System, and quality objectives
- Implement internal auditing procedures
- Responsible for external auditing
- Generate bill of material quality plans for the divisions
- Direct, implement and monitor standards, practices and performance
- Identify critical areas for quality reviews and develops relevant KPI for assessment
- Preference will be given to those able to converse written and orally in English
- Reliable, self-starting and motivated
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to handle a wide range of situations and personalities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and tight time lines and maintain a team spirit and cooperative attitude
- Committed continual improvement
- Willingness to learn about Forum Systems and new technology related to the drilling industry
- Able to express views and opinions verbally or in writing.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and away from home. Possibly at short notice.
- An on call schedule will also need to be followed.
- High school diploma and trade/technical school diploma with 2 years’ experiencein the mechanical field or with Drilling Systems.
- Experience on Mud-pumps and Draw-works overhaul and repair a must
- General computer proficiency.