HSE Specialist II
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Subsea
Coordinates and executes environmental and/or safety programs to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace, and a Safety Culture exists to ensure employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices. Works to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and Forum policies. Handles more difficult, complex assignments involving performing audits and inspections. Assists management to develop procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements. Assists in responding to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies and/or community groups. Performs reporting, risk assessments and auditing and observes all HSE related activities at designated locations. Ensures operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance with local legislation, laws and company policies by integrating and implementing company and third-party HSE policies and procedures. Performs post incident investigations and communicates with HSE Manager and others until all action items have been closed. Files HSE documents and participates in job risk analysis and continual improvement. Works under minimal supervision. Some decision making can be made independently. Developing the knowledge and problem solving skills. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Articulate and execute Divisional strategic HSE direction with local leadership while supporting overall business goals.
- Develop and facilitate site HSE programs and processes such as: training, audits, observations, risk assessments, policy.
- Participate on and possibly lead divisional focus and improvement teams.
- Acts as technical advisor to management, teams and other functional groups to facility towards continual HSE improvements.
- Ensure local legal, business and client requirements are met.
- Serve as a Team and/or Lead HSE Management System and DOT auditor, conducting cross business unit audits with report preparation, communication, and corrective action tracking.
- Work with Corporate HSE on specific compliance initiatives such as Department of Transportation requirements and federal and state environmental regulations.
- Provide HSE coaching and mentoring for the site personnel and leadership.
- Participate in project planning and change management activities to identify HSE issues and opportunities with the goal to eliminate and control risks.
- Analyze site trends and root causes to present plans and suggestions to improve controls.
- Identify corrective actions for incidents, audits and observations then analyzing for trends and using research, and best demonstrated practices to address those findings.
- Work with divisional peers on development of processes and initiatives.
- Communicate with external and internal customers.
- Set up location HSE teams and roles and then provide continuing support for those identified.
- Prepare local HSE budget and provide input for site requirements.
- Create simple communications for plant floor and operational levels.
- Maintain and report necessary internal and external statistics, data and reports for responsible sites;
- Must be able to interpret MSDS information to make proper determination of such things as PPE.
- Handles and may lead special projects, as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of regulations and the regulatory process.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Associates degree and 5-6 years of experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years of experience.
- Associate level HSE Certification preferred.
- Associates degree and 5-6 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years of experience.