Customer Service Manager
Date Posted: Aug 1 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Subsea
Develops and implements strategic sales plans to address customer requirements. Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly. Provides data and sales forecasts to materials for production scheduling and material requirements. May assist Sales in reviewing or performing market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates. May provide sales statistics to assist sales managers, in order to formulate policy in promoting sales. Analyzes and controls expenditures of the department to conform to budgetary requirements. May assist Sales in preparing periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Manages first line supervisors that are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a team of representatives that handle customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone and sometimes e-mail.
- Develops and monitors the application of operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards.
- May develop business plan for team/group operations including budget development.
- Approves personnel activities concerning hiring, training/development, and evaluation of staff performance.
- May build industry relations communicating technologies and operational concerns through industry networking.
- Manages and directs inside sales personnel.
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of group. Interviews, hires and trains inside sales employees, plans, assign and direct their work.
- Conducts performance appraisals and addresses all personnel matters within work group.
- Previous experience as an Inside Sales person beneficial.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent.
- 4+ years of managerial experience in a customer service environment.