Date Posted: Apr 21 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Blackburn, Aberdeenshire, UK
Forum Energy Technologies require an Accounts Clerk to work within the finance department of their Blackburn, Aberdeenshire facility. This position is a one year fixed term contract.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Entering of purchase invoices on a daily basis including matching to purchase order & GRN
- Processing of Purchase Ledger payments by BACS, cheque and bank transfer ($ & Euros)
- General day to day housekeeping of Purchase Ledger, including follow up of debit balances
- Resolving all invoice queries with relevant purchasing/stock control staff
- Maintenance of Purchase Ledger masterfile
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Processing of all cash book payments by cheque, direct debit and standing order
- Journalising cash book disbursements daily/weekly to the nominal ledger
- Processing entries weekly for inter account transfers (daily clearing)
- Input sales invoices onto Navision and updating sales day book
- Preparation of intercompany monthly statements and coordination with intercompany partners in order to agree month end balances
- Preparation of weekly cash forecasts and backlog reports due for submission to corporate team
- Input of EC sales/arrivals and Intrastat to HMRC website.
- Reconciliation of C79 returns with import/export documentation.
- Month end journal preparation including employee expenses and general purchase accruals
- Other duties as required within the department to ensure that critical activities can be covered during periods of vacation or sickness
- Management of the Purchase Ledger, invoice processing and payment cycles.
- Invoice processing must be kept up to date so that FET orders are never compromised due to a late payment
- Timely and accurate preparation of month end journals in order to assist team meet reporting deadlines
- Accurate record keeping, with relevant supporting documentation in order to comply with SOX requirements.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Standard Grade credit level/Higher level in Maths and English
- Previous experience of using sales and purchase ledgers
- Previous experience of operating an accounting general ledger system
- Previous experience with Navision
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Team player
- Working with minimum of supervision and confident enough to assess and suggest improvements in controls and processes
- Understanding of deadlines
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Previous experience in a similar role