Technical Support Specialist
Date Posted: Aug 21 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Findon, Aberdeen, UK
Forum Drilling Technologies require a Technical Support Specialist to carry out the logistics process in line with customer requirements. This position is based in Findon, Aberdeen.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create and present pre-job briefs with Service Technicians prior to travel to customer site.
- Gather all documentation on history, drawings, schematics etc. of equipment for Service Technicians prior to travel.
- Perform post job briefs with Service Technicians within 24 hours (where possible) of arrival back into Aberdeen.
- Follow up with customers on any additional work scope that has been reported during technicians visit until satisfactory closure has been made.
- Provide technical support to Technicians whilst out at customer site.
- Travel to customers/jobs where required.
- Customer technical support.
- 24 hour coverage for Service Engineers.
- Assist the Assembly Workshop Supervisor when required with technical support.
- Assist and back up service team when and where required.
- QA/QC final checks on equipment before dispatch when requested by production.
- Log all technical support to the relevant data base.
- Team working with all management, production, logistic and office staff.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant education and/or training standards achieved is essential.
- Significant experience in technical support with torque equipment is essential.
- On-time delivery.
- Quality of product.
- Full knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines.