Inventory Clerk I
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Drilling
Maintains all required files and records supporting the formal division cycle count program. Performs inventory counts/audits where materials may be either inside or outside a warehouse or located off-site. Identifies causes of cycle count error and assists in corrective actions. Researching finished goods throughout branch supply chain. Maintain internal control productivity requirements. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Stock warehouse, pull orders, stage material and transfer stock per work order instructions.
- Load and unload material from vendors, freight companies, and company trucks.
- Verify correct deliveries and shipments with packing slips and work orders.
- Box, pack and prepare material for proper shipping.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate counts of inventory during all material movements.
- Report any shortages or material defects to area supervisor.
- Performs cycle counts and inventory audits.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel as it relates to the job.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Familiarity with company inventory practices, procedures and products.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Good math skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of manufacturing/operations experience.