Date Posted: Aug 27 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Forum Drilling Technologies require a Senior Accountant to support the Finance Team in its Blohm and Voss Tools GmBH business line, assisting with month end reports and general reporting. This position is based in Hamburg, Germany.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure and participate in monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting by German and international accounting standards (HGB and US-GAAP).
- Responsible for supporting further development of the accounting area under the expert guidance of other accounting staff in daily business.
- Support and oversee all accounting processes and structure them in cooperation with management.
- Represent the Head of Financial Controlling.
- Interdisciplinary cooperation and coordination with the relevant divisions.
- Project and special tasks and implementation of process improvements in the accounting field.
- Develop proposals for optimisation of corporate success and creating economic evaluations.
- Provide metrics and reporting to the Head of Financial Controlling.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Apprenticeship in accounting or tertiary qualification with a degree in economics/ accounting is essential.
- Solid accounting experience in manufacturing or equivalent experience in a consulting firm or similar position is essential.
- Relevant knowledge of the HGB accounting and international accounting is essential.
- Good Microsfot Office skills as well as familiar with Accounting programs; ABAS-knowledge is an advantage.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English and German.
- Good structured way of working, well organised, pro-active and hands-on mentality.
- Previous experience with SOX guidelines is advantageous.