Date Posted: Jul 22 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Business Line: Downhole
Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of machinery and equipment in an industrial environment/rig site, using knowledge of engineering. Must be able to suggest new technology and provide different design approaches as needed. Travel to customer sites required. Works with sales and engineering teams to troubleshoot field issues from a technical perspective.
- Process quotes and sales orders.
- Advises sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation or sales of products and/or services of the organization.
- Provides support to operations and manufacturing.
- May assist sales personnel in the preparation of bids.
- Meets with customers to develop and design products and services.
- May train customers and/or field personnel on new products.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Must have good technical, people and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to give presentations, present computer simulations, engineering calculations, data sheets or company and competitor reports.
- Must be able to interface well with customers at any level.
- Must be able to create or modify designs if necessary.
- BS in Technical discipline, Mechanical Engineering a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in design, product development role a plus.