Mechanical/Hydraulic Technician (Fixed Term 12 months)
Date Posted: Oct 6 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Blackburn, Aberdeenshire, UK
Forum Subsea Technologies requires Mechanical/Hydraulic Technicians to provide support to the workshop team. This position is based in Blackburn, Aberdeenshire. Please note these positions are on a fixed term for 12 months.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture, assemble, test and service workshop manufactured mechanical and hydraulic equipment including but not limited to thrusters, hydraulic power units, valve packs, pan & tilt units, actuators and mechanical sub-assemblies and third party supplied equipment.
- Compliance to company workmanship and quality standards.
- Compliance to company health and safety standards.
- Manufacture and maintain test jigs.
- Technical knowledge of company products.
- Occasional site visits as required for installation, integration and test of equipment.
- Assist the service department when required.
- Assist the engineering department with project and design work as required.
- Repair in-house failures and work in progress failures.
- Implement, follow and improve the company quality system.
- Pressure testing both on-site and externally as required.
- Required to work extra hours to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Assist with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Suppliers for goods and services.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) is desirable.
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical/Hydraulic Technician is essential.
- Previous experience in electrical writing and electronic sub-systems is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player.
- Customer focus.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Meticulous in detail.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Understanding of deadline achievements.