Software Engineer Observation ROVs
Date Posted: Oct 14 2014
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire, UK
Forum Subsea Technologies require a Software Engineer Observation ROVs to provide software design and support functions and to take the technical software lead on design projects. This position is based in Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with the R & D Department for the generation of ideas for developments and new products.
- Responsible for small projects, or sub-sections of larger projects.
- Produce design specifications and documentation to ISO 9001.
- Actively assist sales and marketing in the preparation of quotes and proposals.
- Offsite engineering support for new build and existing products.
- Assist in the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals.
- Provide customer support and assist in the training of customer operating personnel.
- Other activities as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Work within the requirements of company procedures and national and international regulations.
- Work within the timescales and budgets set by the company.
- Provide design on projects, using software engineering skills.
- Provide software leadership and supervision.
- Provide design on all projects as required, within the timescales set by the company.
- Ensure the suitability for function for the engineering aspects of company products.
- Respond promptly to production, logistical and technical support queries.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or related/equivalent subject (lesser qualifications coupled with suitable design experience may be considered in exceptional circumstances).
- C Eng status is essential.
- High level language programming in C, C++ and C# is essential.
- Real time programming.
- Multi-threaded and multi-process development.
- Operating systems configuration, QNX/Windows.
- Microcontroller programming.
- Development and design of robotic control system architectures.
- Development and design of HMI and GUI systems.
- Database development.
- Cost consciousness.
- Technical leadership and motivational skills.
- Sound engineering knowledge.
- Attention to detail and effective checking regime.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player.
- Clear technical writing.
- Good record keeping.
- Willingness to learn new engineering skills in a professional environment.
- Attentive to ISO 9001 QA systems.
- Flexibility, adaptability and professionalism, with the ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidiscipline team, or on individual projects.
- Safety conscious, attentive to QHS&E policies and regulations.
- Conversant with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, MPLAB, Code Warrior, Subversion and Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience within a design environment is essential.
- Previous experience of designing ROV systems is desirable.
- Previous offshore experience is desirable.