Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Date Posted: Feb 15 2013
Duration: Until Filled
Location:Kirkbymoorside, Yorkshire, UK
Forum Subsea Technologies require a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to provide engineering support to the senior engineers. The Graduate Mechanical Engineer will provide the design for all projects. This position is based in Kirkbymoorside, York.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals.
- Provide customer support and assist in the training of customer operating personnel.
- To work within the requirements of the company procedures and national and international regulations.
- To work within the timescales and budgets set by the company.
- Completing, checking and approving mechanical design.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques, anodising, welding, heat treatment, painting, machining, cutting, folding, and NDT requirements.
- Good theoretical understanding of material science for subsea use including galvanic and corrosion effects.
- Structural analysis, scoping calculations, hand calculation and FEA.
- Familiar with inspection, testing and certification requirements.
- Mechanisms and Kinematics.
- Power transmission.
- Assembly and maintenance.
- Knowledge of oil and gas hydraulics.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or related/equivalent subject or similar qualifications with suitable design experience is essential.
- Previous experience of designing ROV systems is desirable.
- Previous offshore experience is desirable.
- Sound engineering knowledge is desirable.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Willing to learn new engineering skills in a professional environment.
- Clear technical writing.
- Attentive to ISO 9001 QA systems.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and professional, with the ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidiscipline team, or on individual projects.
- Software skills including Microsoft Office, Mechanical/Structural/Hydraulic: Conversant with Mathcad, CAD AutoCad and Solid Works.